If you have questions or feel led to volunteer to help us plan future events, please contact any one of the following members of our committee:
- Nancy Nettles co-chair (970) 330-0786
- Shelley Rothermund co-chair
- Barbie Mareno
- Louise Groffy
- Susan Pantier
- Stella Templeton
- Heidi Musil
April 30 (Tuesday) at 4 pm--May Day Basket Preparation
May 11 @ 2 p.m. Daughter's of the King Tea
Make and Take Spa Day
Women’s Ministry at West Greeley Baptist Church
In September, 2011, a group of women met together and chose the name, Touching Hearts, for our ministry and we began planning special events.
It is our goal to touch the hearts of women in our community as well as those in our own church membership. It is our desire to help women in the following ways:
- 1. To meet needs and give support to women at all levels: physical, emotional and spiritual.
- 2. To make visitors and new members feel accepted and loved.
- 3. To provide tools and opportunities to help them grow spiritually.
- 4. To open the door to meaningful relationships.
- 5. To encourage women to discover, develop, and use their spiritual gifts.
- 6. To minister to today’s woman, daughters and granddaughters in all aspects, especially with fun and laughing.
- 7. To offer “woman –to –woman” understanding and lay counseling.
- 8. To offer evangelistic meetings where each woman has the opportunity to invite non-churched neighbors and friends.
- 9. To offer Bible studies where women will draw closer to Christ and know how to fight spiritual battles.
- 10. To have events where we share and encourage one another to learn new skills which equip us to be Proverbs 31, women who serve our families and reach out to others.
W.I.S.P.--Women's Intentional Scriptural Prayer
Each aspect of our prayer time is coordinated with scripture. The group focuses on aspect or name of God, shares praises, has a verse of confession, shares prayer requests for each other, the church and community. Then has a focused time for praying for those that need salvation.
We meet on Wednesday mornings at 9 a.m.
W.A.L.K. (Women and Little Kids)
Walk meets the first Thursday of every month from 6:30-8 p.m.
Walk—Women and Little Kids is a ministry for women who are raising little kids. This ministry will encourage you as a woman and will give you a time to relax, meet new ladies raising children, study God’s word and see what he has to say about raising children and create a craft to take home.
What is WMU?
Founded in 1888, WMU is a missions organization that has educated and involved generations upon generations in Christian missions. Our purpose—to challenge Christian believers to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God—is accomplished through our age-level missions organizations, hands-on missions opportunities, and additional resources produced by WMU.
WMU is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, and West Greeley Baptist Church is part of this organization.
For more information, please call the church and leave a message for Stella Templeton, President, or Nancy Fiscus, Coordinator.
When does WMU meet and where?
We meet on the third Thursday every month at the church at 1 p.m.
When does Keep Calm and Get Crafting meet and where?
We meet on the third Thursday every month at the church at 9 a.m. Bring your work in progress. We are here to support each other and to help each other out if you need help with a craft pattern or project. Hope to see you!